|Scope & Content||
George Crawford House, a Pivotal Structure, is located at 825 Greenville Avenue.
This house was constructed by George Crawford for H.W. Hughes about 1854. A columned front porch now replaces the veranda that once ran along most of the east side. The porch to the west is original as is the Italianate Bracket Frieze surrounding the roof.
Before being rescued by Mr. Daniel McLaren, who lived just to the south, the house was abandoned for a time and by 1905 became known as the Haunted House. Source: GHP Walking Tour Brochure
George Crawford House
H.W. Hughes House
825 Greenville Avenue
|Multimedia Links||Deed Search|