|Scope & Content||
The William Wilson McGrew House, 930 Forest Avenue, is a Pivotal Structure built c1863.
This was one of the earliest frame houses in Glendale. It was constructed for William W. McGrew.
The architects were Anderson and Hannaford according to a notation on the back of a photograph. Mr. McGrew was a Cincinnati jeweler in the Pike Opera House on Fourth Street in Cincinnati.
Shortly after the turn of the century, an addition was built to the rear in order to move the kitchen from the basement to the first floor.
In the early 1920's the home was remodeled in the Classic Revival style by James Carruthers.
|Title||William Wilson McGrew House|
930 Forest Avenue
Victorian Period Plaque
|Multimedia Links||Deed Search|