|Scope & Content||
The Claxton cottage, a Pivotal Structure, is located at 800 Woodbine Avenue.
James Claxton Built this cottage around 1882 on land given to him by Robert Bowler as stated on the deed "for long and faithful service". It was sold in 1890 to the McLaren family. According to the National Register nomination, the house has been removed from its original location to the current site.
Also known as Aunt Phoebe's Cottage, the house was restorned by John Palmer Darnalli in 1928. In 1971, it was the property of Ruth S.. Miller. Source: Photo 790
Photo #667 has label identifying photo as Mrs. J. McLaren's Honeymoon Cottage
James Claxton House Source: Comprehensive Survey Report
Aunt Phoebe's Cottage
800 Woodbine Avenue
Christmas Tour 2016
|Multimedia Links||Deed Search>|