|Scope & Content||
This house, located at 740 Woodbine Avenue, is a Contributing Structure built in 1865.
The house was originally located on 800 Ivy Avenue. In 1926-27 the house was moved to its present location. Mr. Stanley Matthews was the moving contractor. The relocation caused an uprorar in the Village when one or two trees were cut down and and movers wanted to cut down a large branch from an elm tree. There were threats to blow up the house and Ed Meagher, Glendale Marshall, moved into the house to protect it. A solution was found to tie up the big branch and the move continued. All told the move took six months to complete.
Source: Ohio Historical Survey.
Dorothy T. Stewart House
Source: Ohio Historic Inventory
740 Woodbine Avenue
Houses That Moved