|Scope & Content||
The McLaren House, a Pivotal Structure, is located at 815 Greenville Avenue.
The house was constructed in 1868 for Daniel McLaren, superintendent of the Cincinnati, Hamilton and Dayton Railroad. The builder was Daniel DeCamp. Much more elaborate than the houses of the conductors and engineers, this house is situated along the railroad right of way with extensive lawns that originally stretched from Greenville to Woodbine Avenues.
The train Mr. McLaren was riding would make a special stop in front of this house to let the superintendent off before continuing on to the depot.
Collection includes an article published in the Cincinnati Magazine about the renovation of the house by the Schmids.
Collection includes an undated article written about the house. Author unknown
Daniel McLaren House. Source: Comprehensive Survey Report.
815 Greenville Avenue
Cincinnati, Hamilton and Dayton Railroad
Christmas Tour 2002
Victorian Period Plaque